Friday, December 04, 2009

Old Fashioned Scrapbooks

Do you like the look of old fashioned scrapbooks? I remember when I was a girl finding a BIG scrapbook that my grandma had started for my mom of her school papers and things. Grandma was a scrapbooker by nature, I think, but life got in the way. Sound familiar? ;-)

I am in the process of scanning a scrapbook of my mom's infancy. Grandma only had my mom at the time, so I'm sure the thought of putting those sweet snapshots into albums was not so daunting of a task. She did pretty well at the beginning... But just like many of us, life again got in the way.

I do have a great legacy passed down to me from my Grandma, however. She made photo albums for each of her children with photos and genealogy, as well as snapshots through the years. I cherish this book -- which I had borrowed from my mom to scan a photo or two, only to discover my having the book saved it. My parents house caught fire and many of the books and photos in the front room were ruined. The book is safe! :) I must be sure to preserve the photos I have, write stories to go with them, and make copies. With digital scrapbooking and scanners, making copies is a LOT easier than when Grandma made these photo albums. Much, much easier.

Here is a front cover of the album... so 1940's and so cute!


Here is a page from inside...


and another:


I will be back in the next week with new templates. I have them in files, but need to upload them to 4shared.

Have a great first week of December!
Dece

No comments: